Electrical Panel Upgrade Pflugerville. Oftentimes, many different electrical issues are the result of an electrical panel that’s gone faulty, thanks in large part to the fact that the panel itself is linked to the entire electrical system. In the event that the panel is malfunctioning, the damage could end up spreading to the rest of the home.

Here are three important signs that you will need to upgrade your home’s electrical panel.

Circuit Breaker Repeatedly Needs to Be Reset

Despite the fact that either you or the home’s previous owner may have done away with the old fuse box a long time ago, it’s important to keep in mind that the circuit breakers that replaced it may also be outdated as well. If your home is one that constructed before 1990, for instance, there is a good chance that it likely has anywhere between 100 to 150-amp service. This amount was acceptable for meeting a majority of twentieth-century home electric needs; however, these days, the more common standard is 200 amps.

Inappropriate Electrical Outlets Throughout the Home

Take the time to look for the following issues involving electrical outlets throughout the entirety of your home:

*Any and all outlets that are damaged

*No signs of any ground fault circuit interrupters, or GCFIs, in any areas that are in close proximity to water, which can also result in either serious injury or death via electrocution

*Outlets that have only two prongs, which is a sign that the outlets themselves are not grounded, thereby increasing the risk of issues such as electrocution or fire

Signs of Wear and Tear on Your Electrical System That are Noticeable

Electrical Panel Upgrade Pflugerville. It’s also important to keep an eye out for any and all signs of possible danger due to electrical systems that are either overtapped or worn. Such signs include the following:

*Blown fuses or circuit breakers that are frequently tripped

*Lights that are blinking, dimming, or flickering

*Wall plates that are either discolored or warm to the touch

*Receptacles that are sizzling, buzzing, or cracking

*Burning smell emanating from either wall switches or receptacles

*Receiving a mild tingle or shock from receptacles, switches, or appliances

*Circuit breakers needing to be frequently reset

*Appliances not able to run at full strength

*Unusually high energy bills